August 2010 – present
Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (South Africa)
Role: UI Designer
- Design high fidelity responsive web UI solutions for product sets spanning savings, investments, insurance, assurance and risk cover.
- Collaborate closely with developers, content writers and UX specialists within an Agile development methodology.
- Stay up to date with the latest UI and motion design trends and standards.
- Designed the web graphics for dogreatthings.co.za (2013 – 2014).
- Designed the UI for the fundraising platform morethanyourself.co.za (2014).
- Was responsible for migrating the UI and web graphics for oldmutual.co.za to Sitefinity CMS (2015).
- Designed the UI for Financial Wellbeing Program (2016).
- Designed the UI for Digital Shop Window (2017).
- Digital rebranding of Old Mutual secure services with Native VML (2018).
June 2005 – March 2010
Seattle Coffee Co.
Role: Franchisee – Loop Street and Constantia Village Stores
- Accountable for profitability of stores by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, staff, supplies and expenses.
- Ensuring proper team scheduling according to the needs of the business while maintaining target staff costs.
- Performing POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures.
- Identifying staffing needs and managing recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training of new staff.
- Facilitating on-going training and development of current staff.
- Ensuring that each team member received proper training to perform as a barista and/or shift lead.
- Developing team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and regularly measuring team member performance.
February 2004 – February 2005
Barclays Stockbrokers (Glasgow)
Role: Private Client Account Administrator
Administered private client securities accounts including:
- Credit checks on new account applications.
- Verifying personal documentation for new account applications.
- Validating share certificate authenticity.
- Communicate with clients during the account application process.
December 2001 – December 2003
Role: Graphic Designer
- Liaised with clients to determine their requirements and budget.
- Advised clients with regard to creative concepts, print production and timescales and quotations.
- Developed design concepts, graphics and layouts and presented draft concepts to client.
- Managed client feedback and design changes in order to get project approval.
- Worked with copywriters, designers, stylists and photographers and managed print production and deadlines.
User Centered Design Training Workshop
Diploma in Ministry
Christian Life Training:
Diploma in Leadership
1994 – 1995
Red & Yellow School:
Diploma in Graphic Design
Royal Schools of Music:
Grade 6 Music Theory
Competition: First Paper House, ‘The Art Of Design’ Awards
Submission: Acucap Property Ltd, 2003 Annual Report
Award Achieved: Merit