August 2010 – present
Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (South Africa)
Role: UI Designer
- Review User Interface design work and provide feedback to designers.
- Manage the UI Design team allocation and delivery.
- Facilitate collaboration and alignment between Copywriters, UX / UI Designers and Developers.
- To stay up to date with industry standards and trends.
- Designed the web graphics for dogreatthings.co.za (2013 – 2014).
- Designed the UI for the fundraising platform morethanyourself.co.za (2014).
- Was responsible for migrating oldmutual.co.za to Sitefinity CMS (2015).
- Designed the UI for Financial Wellbeing Program (2016).
- Designed the UI for Digital Shop Window (2017).
- Currently working on the digital rebranding of MyOldMutual Secure Dashboard.
June 2005 – March 2010
Seattle Coffee Co.
Role: Franchisee – Loop Street and Constantia Village Stores
- Manage profitability of stores by growing sales, maintaining stock levels, managing staffing costs and gross profit margins.
- Team scheduling according to the needs of the store while maintaining target staff costs.
- Perform POS duties including front and back of house functions.
- Identify staffing needs and managed recruiting, interviewing and hiring.
- Ensure that each team member received proper training to perform as a barista and/or shift lead.
- Develop team members, established performance objectives and regularly measure performance
February 2004 – February 2005
Barclays Stockbrokers (Glasgow)
Role: Private Client Account Administrator
Administered private client securities accounts including:
- Credit checks on new account applications.
- Verifying personal documentation for new account applications.
- Validating share certificate authenticity.
- Communicate with clients during the account application process.
December 2001 – December 2003
Role: Business Owner / Graphic Designer
- Design creative concepts based on the client’s needs and vision.
- Keep budget, time and production constraints in mind.
- Prepared mockups and presented to clients before deciding on a final design concept.
- Worked with client to get approval and sign-off before finalising artwork.
- Collaborated with copywriters, photographers and designers on projects.
- Worked within the constraints of a client’s brand identity and guidelines.
- Ensured artwork was correct and supplied to printers in the right format/sizes/colour.
- Multi-tasked on multiple briefs at the same time.
User Centered Design Training Workshop
Diploma in Ministry
Christian Life Training:
Diploma in Leadership
1994 – 1995
Red & Yellow School:
Diploma in Graphic Design
Royal Schools of Music:
Grade 6 Music Theory
Competition: First Paper House, ‘The Art Of Design’ Awards
Submission: Acucap Property Ltd, 2003 Annual Report
Award Achieved: Merit